Monday, December 14, 2015

Another anniversary

I can't believe tomorrow is December 15th! For most people that day means little, but for me and my family it is a day that my entire outlook on life changed. Day one of chemo. Colin doesn't get why I remember these dates and it's hard to explain it, but all of this is a part of me now. I can't forget. Every time I have a hot flash I'm reminded of everything all over again. It never leaves. There is always a part of me that is scared of a reoccurrence. Unless you've experienced cancer first hand, you probably think I'm crazy.

Just thinking about this past year I get emotional. Joyful that I made it through stronger, exhausted when I think what all I've done, amazed at how time has flown by, and so many more.


Here's to a year filled with tough battles, lots of needles, more doctor appointments than I ever want to have again, and realizing that I am so much stronger than I ever realized. Cancer, I hate your stinking guts still, but you've taught me more in a year than most learn in a lifetime.


AD

No comments:

Post a Comment