Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Today is it.

Well today is the day. The last huge leap in this whole process, another surgery.

Last night was my "last meal" since I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight. We went out to Lindey's and may have had the best steak we've ever eaten. It was definitely a great meal to end on! We didn't have the same waitress or even see Emily, but the valet remembered us. Such a small world.

I was making myself nervous yesterday evening. I had to do the dishes and wash every piece of dirty laundry in our house to keep busy. Nervous jitters, sure lets blame that. Right now I am three hours away from my arrival time and I don't know what to do with myself. In order to try and find some peace and one last workout in, I went to yoga at 6am. Yes, I said 6am. It was hard to wake up, but well worth it. I'll have plenty of time to sleep during surgery. Yoga has truly been a release for me. A place to meditate, to forget about everything I've been through and will go through, and just be.

I know I sound like a crazy yogi, but I always leave happier than I went in. That's huge for me. Some people have the same feeling about running. I understand the feeling, but don't get the running part!

I'm sorry this is such a short post, my mind is running a mile a minute and I'm just trying to keep up. I am terrified about this surgery. Not so much the actual surgery or even the physical pain for that matter. I'm afraid of the mirror, of what I will look like afterward. They make medication for the pain, but they don't make anything to make it easier to see where a part of me used to be.

Well, I think I still have more laundry to do!

Until next time...

AD

1 comment: