Sunday, September 13, 2015

The day it all started

It was a Saturday like any other in the fall. Ohio State was playing Kent State that day. I was getting ready to shower when it happen, a sharp pain in my left breast. I thought maybe I had a bruise I didn't know about, that happens a lot. I looked in the mirror, but didn't see anything. So I started feeling around and there it was, a lump. I was instantly scared. I didn't know what to do, so I made Colin feel and he felt it too. My first reaction was "What do I do?". Rather sarcastically he said "Ya go to the doctor!". I was scared to go to the doctor. I knew a lump in your breast is usually not a good thing.

Since it was a Saturday, my doctor's office wasn't open, so I did the next best thing, emailed. I went on about my day and enjoyed the Buckeyes win... And it was a good one too, 66-0!


I can't believe it has already been a year since this all started. I've been through so much since that day last fall and I like to believe I'm a different person. Cancer hasn't defined me, but it has redefined me! I can't wait until there is a day where no one has to go through this!

Happy football Sunday everyone! Kolton and I are ready to cheer on our Browns this afternoon!


If I can share one piece of advice to any woman, it would be... Don't listen to the old wives tales about lumps. My family told me that if it hurt, that was a good sign, that it wasn't cancerous... That pain basically saved my life because it made me do a self exam!

Until next time...

AD


No comments:

Post a Comment