Thursday, August 20, 2015

A little bit of nostalgia

Today was a big day at work, move-in for our first year class. This is always an exciting day because as Admission Counselors we get to go around campus and talk with all of the students we have helped since last summer/fall. Today is truly a day where I love my job. Sometimes being an admission counselor means long nights at college fairs, traveling endless miles in my car, listening to A LOT of books on CD, making lots of phone calls, and making connections. My favorite part of my job is making connections, not only with students, but their families as well. This past year has been rough to say the least. And through it all I have tried to keep a positive attitude and not let cancer deter me from doing my job. Though my role changed briefly during treatment, I still made those phone calls and tried to make as many connections as possible for each of my students. Now, more than ever, I realize how important those connections are.

It was a great day with my co-workers and really a day to celebrate! And boy did we!

We took freeze pops around to the residence halls so we could say "hi" to everyone. They were a HUGE hit, even with parents!

Then we had a great time welcoming all the new students at the Gate ceremony.

All in all, it was a great day. Even my Fit Bit says so...


I don't know if I can keep these numbers up though!

Until next time...

AD






No comments:

Post a Comment