Sunday, January 11, 2015

Another haircut

So happy 2015!

My New Year wasn't very exciting, I didn't even make it until midnight. I figured the world would be the same at 9:00PM when I went to bed as 7:00AM when I woke up. Does that make me old? Does the fact that I've went to bed before midnight the past two New Year's Eve's make me really old!?

That's ok. I've already come to terms with that fact!

So besides not staying awake until midnight, my new year has been pretty laid back. Ya know, except for the fact that I got the flu. After two weeks of vacation from work, I would be the one to get sick two days before going back. Two days of not getting out of bed, fun stuff! And to top it all off, I started losing the little hair I had left... I rocked to buzzed looked, but didn't know how I felt about being completely bald yet.

It was bad...

Who would want to walk around with hair like this? Certainly not me. So I did something that I never thought I would do in my lifetime. I gave my husband permission to shave my head. He was way too happy when I told him this. It was a strange feeling. I had already lost the majority of my hair when it was buzzed, but I was still sad. Now ALL of my hair was gone. I cried because I don't think I let myself cry enough before. Now, I know it's only hair, but you just don't understand until you go through this.

But I think I look pretty good bald. Although my head needs a serious tan!




Tomorrow is another treatment, so I'm sure I'll have plenty more to share. Also, it's the National Championship Game for OSU! Too bad I won't be able to stay up and watch.

I leave you with this quote from Stuart Scott, who recently past away after battling cancer for seven years. He is an inspiration after seeing what all he did during his chemo treatments. I only hope I am that strong!




1 comment: