Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It's about time

My life has been pretty hectic for the past few years, there's no denying that. Sometimes I forget how hectic it really was until I start to tell someone. Colin and I have been moving non-stop since we got married. From our wedding to a miscarriage to being pregnant with Kolton to buying a house to him finishing school to me starting graduate school to my diagnosis to surgery #1 to IVF to chemotherapy to surgery #2 - it's been crazy to say the least.

I wouldn't trade these past three years for anything, but it's been a lot to handle for two people in their early and mid twenties. We have been through the burning fires of hell and back. We made it out in one piece, even if that piece was exhausted and a little jagged around the edges. We made it out alive and more determined and stronger than ever. My marriage, love, and faith are stronger and more important now because of all the shit we've been through in three years. That's for sure.

This week we are taking our first vacation ever together. One week without our son and the distractions of everyday life at home. It's beautiful. Even though we feel bad for leaving Kolton at home, we know he's been well taken care of with family. This time away gives us time to really enjoy each other and finally have some fun after the hell which has been our life for the past 10 months.




The last time I was at the beach, I received the call I was dreading from my doctor telling me I had breast cancer at 26. This time around, I am celebrating being almost done with this life altering journey.

So here's to a relaxing vacation and kicking cancer's ass!

AD



No comments:

Post a Comment