Sunday, March 1, 2015

Battle scars

I am three treatments into Round 2 and my body is already starting to feel the effects. My eyes are swollen, I'm losing my eyebrows slowly but surely, my eyelashes are getting thinner, my arms and hands look like I've been in multiple fights, and I am extremely exhausted. If I didn't already, now I REALLY look like a cancer patient.

The hardest part of treatment right now is the IV I have to get every week. Getting poked by a needle isn't fun anytime, but when they have to do it two, three, sometimes four times it really sucks. And having treatment every week isn't being nice to my veins.




I don't know if you can tell, but there are bruises on both my hands and arms from the treatments I have had thus far. That first picture is of my left forearm, which hasn't been used for an IV since Round 1 (5 weeks ago) and it's still bruised. The nice part of the Taxol, I haven't had any of the body aches yet. So I guess I can suffer through the bruises and nurses digging in my hands and arms for a vein... for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment