Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hate to admit it.

The end is in sight. Only four more treatments to go!! WOO HOO!

This week's treatment wasn't too bad. It was another one stick day for this girl's IV! That's two weeks in a row now!! I am trying to do everything in my power to not get a port and I have some extra motivation for that now too. My husband basically told me that if I have to get a port I will officially be on house arrest. It's getting nice out, I like the sunshine too much to be on house arrest. So I am drinking A TON of water everyday, limiting my coffee to no more than two cups a day (that stinks), and squeezing a stress ball like it's my job. Yesterday on our drive to the doctor's office, Colin made me squeeze a tennis ball the entire way. I really hate to say this, but he was right in making me do that because it paid off with the one stick for the IV. I love my husband, but it's painful to say he was/is right...

Yesterday was also nice because my treatment was scheduled nice and early. I was out of there at lunchtime and that's usually when I'm going in. I also sat next to someone who got to ring the bell after her last treatment and she was very encouraging. I congratulated her on being through chemo and she encouraged me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. All around, it was a pretty good day, except for the fact that I was so tired I slept for the remained of the day before class.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel coming fast and furious. April 27th cannot get here soon enough and then it's a month of recovery before my surgery. This hasn't been an easy journey, but I am actually glad to have gone through it now. There is a reason and a purpose for everything and I may not know what that is yet, but I am sure going to find out. Whether I am meant to share my story to be an encouragement for others facing similar challenges or if I can urge others to not be afraid of the doctor and go get checked out. So thank you for letting me share my story with you.

Until next time.

AD

1 comment: