Monday, December 15, 2014

Chemo. Such a scary word.

So today is the day. Chemo.

This whole process has been surreal, but knowing that I am going to have chemicals running through my body today that are not only going to kill the cancer cells, but also any other rapidly dividing cells as well (healthy cells). After today I do not know what my life will look like. I have no idea how I will react to the treatment. I have no idea when I will lose my hair, because it's a guarantee that I will. That is the hardest part of this whole ordeal. I have no idea what any of this will look like. Although, who knew a relatively healthy 26 year old would be the face of breast cancer (with no family history at that).

Today's post is a short one, but I wanted to share my frustrations and apprehensions with those who are following.

I have never been a very religious person, rather I would consider myself spiritual. This journey has made me realize there is someone out there with a greater plan and that I am going through this for a reason. Whatever your beliefs or religion, I ask that you pray today. Not only for me, but for my family who is going through this awful journey with me. Pray for my 15 month old who has no idea what his mama is going through (which I am VERY happy about). And pray for all those who have to walk this same path and may not make it to the other side.

I'm feeling very blessed this morning even though I'm terrified and I feel very lucky to have a sense of calming going into this first treatment.

Until next time.



AD

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alecia-

    Following along on your journey and praying that God fills you with peace and comfort throughout treatment. Also wanted to share this cancer blog with you, that might help you find faith through your fight. I've found inspiration here, so I know you will too. Keep on keepin' on (never to old to quote the preview play - right?) http://mundanefaithfulness.com/

    -Kbowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia - keep on keepin on like kbowl said. Bless you & your family during this journey. I will be praying for you and for a speedy recovery mentally, physically & emotionally.

    Kstrah

    ReplyDelete