Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas week!

I've gotten very lucky throughout this entire journey. While going through chemotherapy during the holidays doesn't seem lucky, I get to avoid having a treatment Christmas week. So yay for a week off!

When I last left you, I was headed back to work for Day 3 of my first cycle. I didn't make it past 12:45 pm. But hey, I was proud of myself for making it that far! My daily journal is helping me keep track of my days and how I feel. Let me tell you, Day 3 was absolutely HORRIBLE. I went to my car during my lunch hour, which I took a little early, and slept for an hour! That did not even help my body, it actually just made it worse. I was exhausted. So I went home... and slept for the rest of the afternoon. AND went to bed at 8PM! It was just a rough day all around.

Day 4 (Thursday) was much better. I actually felt good and didn't even take a nap during the day, even though I wanted to. That night, I was very proud of myself. I stayed up until 9PM! Woo hoo. Yes, I know that seems very early to a normal adult, but since I had been going to bed at 8PM since my treatment, and felt like going to bed at 7PM most nights, I felt it was an accomplishment. Small victories!

So far I am hanging in there and excited to be able to have Christmas week off. Not only from chemo, but today started my two (yes, I said TWO) week vacation from work!

I'm excited and looking forward to what 2015 will hold for me and my family, but until then...


Merry Christmas!

AD

No comments:

Post a Comment